Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You are the sun. I am the moon. You are the words. I am the tune, play me.

Ugh, had improv tonight. I was feeling that wonderful feeling of really getting into a scene for the first while, but then not so much. I think that must be how a cocaine down must feel. Except worse, because you only have yourself and your skills to blame. Oh well, I know I probably won't be preforming soon but I know it's only because it will be for the better hood of the performance. I would not be a good communist if I was not looking out for the needs of the many, now would I? Speaking of which, I really wish I had a fur coat. I think I might invest in one soon, though the Com Badge and silver wig take priority over it as of now.
I really shouldn't keep the menu for Jack's Pizza near my desk, especially not right in front of my chair place (which is where it is now), for two reasons: 1) I want donair 2) I lost.
Bahaha. Pointless rambling, I know.
Well, here's a point. Today I reached the 9th issue of The Huntress series by Cavalieri, and it's starting to piece together nicely. The three issues before the 9th I find were quite up in the air, storyline wise. They focused more on Helena, which was great, because she is a interesting character to see evolve, but the rest of the world in the story was a little too helter skelter to overly enjoyable. I was reading in one of the comments to the writers that someone thoguht that Helena Bertinelli was not "pretty" enough, and that if she was more beautiful, she would be able to use it to her advantage to get information out of people, and the like. Now this pissed me off. How typical can you get? Can we not have atleast one femme fatal that does rely of hypnotizing people with her chest? Sure, it's funny once in a while, but something a little more down to earth-one is good to have once in a while. Also, if they had really been reading the series closer then just for the pulse raging pictures of her jumping from buildings while her tits defie gravity, they would have seen that it would be totally out of character for Helena to do so. She is far to independant and reclusive from other people. She even rejects her body guard that has been her only friend all her life. I dare say, she has to real friends, and seems to like it that way. Why she would go out of her way to socialize and degrade herself to get information, when she can just beat the shit of out people until they tell her what she wants, I don't know. And I am glad she doesn't. In the newer versions of The Huntress, they have indeed givin in to this request (hence why I stick to the 1989 version, for now). Fuller lips, less powerful and dominating eyes. Just the art turns me off, because it doesn't give off the powerful feel that Cavalieri's Huntress did. Though I do like her new outfit.

P.S. The Huntress is totally my comic girl crush, if you haven't figured that out yet. ^_^

No comments: