Monday, October 20, 2008

Let's swim to the moon. Let's climb through the tide....


Is it wrong that I almost vomit with excitement every time I look at the new Star Trek promotion pictures?

I really can't believe how good it all looks. It will be strange not having George Takei or Walter Koenig at the helm for me to lust after, but I'm sure I'll survive. I sure hope that there is some shirtless swashbuckling on Sulu's part though....
IMDB has whispered to me that Nimoy will be having an appearance, which is completely expected and appropriate if you ask me. I'm interested to see if Monsieur Shatner will eventually give in and lend his body to the production. Or if they even want him to at all. We'll see.
I think it would be funny if Michael Dorn had a cameo somewheres in the movie, maybe as a red shirt (though I don't think he deserves to sinkthat low, really. After all he has his Klingon pride to protect) because no one would recognize him with out his layers of makeup. Well, I would. and real Trekkies. Who are probably the only people who will be going to see this.
So, after hunting on ebay for a decent Com Badge, I decided that I may just save up and invest in a real good one. The cheapest one I could find was 30$, but for another 30$ you can get an super nice one. Worth it, I think. But I think this ebay spree will mostly be spent on les comic. LOTDK are an obvious choice, and I was thinking about finally picking up my own copy of Long Halloween aswell. Depending on how many LOTDK I choose to get, I may also get a lot with the three Black Orchid comics that Gaimen and McKean did. I'm a totaly sucker for McKean's art. I also stumbled accross some Alex Ross meets Nosferatu books, which look interesting.
We'll see though. Time to read some Kant.

No comments: