Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'd have loved you if you were a movie star. And you'd have loved me if I only had a heart.

With the fantastically large amount of good movies coming out of the next couple years, I thought I would write a little somthin-somthin about the ones that I am most excited about.

For all you people who are bitching about how this Holmes movie isn't really "Holmes" please fuck off and read the books. It won't kill you to actually do soemthing that will take some time and mental effort. It will be worth it I promise.
Once you do that you will be able to appreciate the awesome that this movie is going to be and how fantastic the cast is.
I think I'm going to start re-reading my complete works. Just because :)
And eventhough the guy is this Sherlock Holmes interview doesn't say that there is any M-man, I really hope and think that there will be an appearance, even if it is on a small scale.

Ok, just saw this last night so it isn't something that I am looking forward to see in the future. What I am looking forward too though is seeing it again. I don't give a shit if the Globe and Mail only gave it half-stars, I think it is the best action/adventure movie since TDK. Possibly of all time, asides from TDK.
Visuals = A +++
You could actually tell who was who, unlike some other movies this year. Effects and costumes were both very diverse and every little bit had exceptional detail.
Story = A +
Not only was the movie's story fantastic, the back stories had just the right amount of detail to be fancinating and leave you wanting more, while at the same time not overpowering the present time story. You can definitely tell they are setting up a huge plot for the next movie too, and before the credits even start you NEED to know what happens next.
Script = A
Funny and true to the comics. It balanced the fine line between cheesy funny (ie. Ripcord hitting on Scarlet) and dead serious evil guy stuff (finding out that Rex is the Doctor/COBRA). It, unlike most actions films, has enough dialogue to satisfy the educated ear, but doesn't take away from the fact that it is indeed an action film.
Acting = A
Though some of the goodies were lacking in sincerity and stuck to the acting-towards-a-childrens-audience take, the acting of the villans more than made up for it. Eccleston Eccleston Eccleston. :D
Here is a sweet G.I. Joe review that has a lot more detial:G.I. JOE.

Here are some awesome looking movies that are coming out soon. I really hope the Poe one is good, true to his works and not aimed at teenage girls. If that happens, heads will roll. Seriously.
Russia vs. Georgia
The Raven
Little Red Riding Hood

P.S. John Hughes, I miss you already. Remember me when you join Micheal ranks of undead zombie celebrities.

P.S.S. If anyone actually reads this, especially if you actually know me, your probably wondering why Alice isn't mentioned here. It's worth and entire entry of it's own, so don't worry it's on it's way.

2 comments:

Blanco said...

My friend wanted to see GI Joe and I refused to go with him. I would not let them rape my eyes.

Then again... I didn't really like Transformers either, and this looks worse.

Harley_Quinn said...

It is WAY better then Transformers.
I promise.
It won't rape you, it will stroke you gently and send fireworky explosions off in your head.
Go see.